When the 2020 pandemic hit, it caught the entire world off guard. Current economic and social circumstances combined with the upcoming election could be a recipe for extreme volatility. We encourage you to refocus on our planning philosophy (Protection First) and utilize it in multiple areas of your life. Below are a few suggestions:
Protect your MIND
- Limit your news watching (once a day if you must)
- Focus on the overall health of yourself and your family
- Make time each day for gratitude, prayer, and meditation
- Read/listen to stories about successful people who overcame great obstacles
Protect your BODY
- Take action to relieve stress through exercise, hobby, or activity.
- Strengthen your workout routine now. Your body and mind coordinate. Consistency yields strength.
- Holidays are coming which tends to yield over-eating/snacking. Increase your nutritional focus Monday-Friday and indulge on the weekends!
Protect your ASSETS
Take the income test. How much income would there be tomorrow…
- if you voluntarily stopped working?
- if you had to stop working because of disability?
- for your heirs if you died?
Protect your LIQUIDITY
How easily can you access $1,000? $5,000?
- Have accessible funds to handle unexpected bills with as much ease as possible.
- Opportunities arise even in dark times. Having capital gives you bargaining power. Perhaps you can find a way to expand business or create an additional income stream.
Protect your JOY
- Work hard and make time for fun!
- Explore an old or new hobby that you enjoy!
- Catch up or make a date to spend time with a family member or old friend!